I know that since our state’s Safer at Home Order was lifted, many of you have been curious about when in-person worship services will resume at Delafield Presbyterian Church. I want to let you know that after prayerful consideration of the Presbytery of Milwaukee’s guidelines for reopening, DPC’s session has decided to move toward reopening, but we are doing so in an intentional and cautious manner. We are attempting to consider the needs of the weakest among us first, both within our church family and the Lake Country community at large. Because of this, we have chosen to wait for a few weeks to see how the lifting of the Safer at Home Order impacts the number of COVID-19 cases in our state. At our next session meeting (which is scheduled for June 23), we will have a better idea about whether or not it’s time to resume in-person services within our building.
The session does recognize that there is a desire among many to be together, to see one another’s faces, to pray and worship as one. Therefore, the session has tentatively scheduled an outdoor, socially distanced worship service for Sunday, June 21 at 9:30 AM on DPC’s grounds. Come and be in the same space with your church family for a little while! Together and apart, we will pray, enjoy music and celebrate together. Before you come, please take careful note of some logistical details pertaining to this service:
- The church building will NOT be open. We do not have the necessary sanitation protocol in place in order to open our restrooms for public use. Though the service will be short, it is best to make sure that you will be comfortable by using the restroom before leaving your home.
- We hope to make this service as contact-free as possible. Therefore, you are asked to bring your own lawn chairs, blankets or anything else you might want to sit on during the service. Additionally, you will receive an electronic version of the order of worship ahead of time, and you are encouraged to print it out and bring it along with you from home.
- Masks are mandatory at this service. If you forget one or don’t have one, we will provide one for you!
- Please note that this service is tentative! It could be cancelled at any point up to the morning of Saturday, June 20. If our state sees a spike in cases of COVID-19 or the weather looks forbidding, the session may choose to cancel this service. We will send an email on the morning of June 20th, letting you all know for sure whether or not the service will occur.
- If you are at all uncomfortable joining us or you do not feel well, STAY AT HOME! We will miss you, but health and safety are our number one concern.
I’m excited to see your faces (even in masks!) and to pray and worship with you all!
Yours in Christ,