The session of DPC is working hard at bringing us back together safely for worship! The schedule for the month of July is as follows:
July 5: You will be invited to participate in a very special nation-wide virtual worship service, praying for the healing and wholeness of our nation.
July 12, at 10 AM: Socially-distanced, outdoor worship service, hosted on the front lawn of Delafield Presbyterian Church. (Virtual Worship will also be available)
July 19, at 10 AM: Socially-distanced, outdoor worship service, hosted at Kettle Moraine United Presbyterian Church. (Virtual Worship will also be available)
July 26, at 10 AM: Socially-distanced outdoor worship service hosted on the front lawn of Delafield Presbyterian Church. (Virtual Worship will also be available)
We are very excited to return to in-person services and are glad to take advantage of summer weather, and enjoy outdoor services. So come and worship in the same space with your church family for a little while! Together and apart, we will pray, enjoy music, and reflect on scripture. But before you come, please take some time to review the following details carefully!
- Since we are trying to continue to navigate worship during Covid-19 with our sisters and brothers at Kettle Moraine United Presbyterian Church, we will join them for a service located on their lovely wooded property on Sunday, July 19. We have also invited them to join us for services at DPC on the 12 and the 26. Pastor Matt and I will share leadership of all three services. As we get closer to reopening our doors, at some point we will begin worshiping separately once again. But we have decided to continue our partnership for a bit longer.
- Though the session of DPC is working on protocol for opening the bathrooms for public use during services, we are not yet prepared to do so. This could change in the next few weeks, but for the time being, the church building will NOT be open. Though the services will be short, it is best to make sure that you will be comfortable by using the restroom before leaving your home.
- You are encouraged to think about what you will need for your comfort and bring it with you for the service (e.g. umbrellas for shade, cool water to drink, etc.).
- Please make sure to bring something to sit on (lawn chairs or a blanket). When you are setting them up for worship, you are asked to make sure you’re situated 6 feet away from anyone who you didn’t come with.
- We are hoping to make our services as contact-free as possible. Therefore, we are encouraging everyone to bring their own bulletin. Each week, you will get a copy of the order of worship in your email inbox so that you can print your own bulletin. Should you forget your bulletin, we will have them available, but it is safer for you to bring them from home.
- Masks are strongly encouraged for the duration of the service, and you’re asked to definitely wear a mask when coming and going. If you forget one, we will have some masks available for your use.
- If it rains, we will move to Plan “B,” which is to broadcast the service over the FM transmitter so that everyone can tune in and listen from their cars!
- Remember: If you are at all uncomfortable joining us or you do not feel well, STAY AT HOME!
- During the month of July, Pastor Matt and I will continue to provide online content for you, which will cover the same content as the in-person service, so if you’re uncomfortable joining us in person for any reason, please join us online instead!